The BBC micro:bit is a pocket-sized computer that you can code, customize and control to bring your digital ideas, games and apps to life. It is a BBC initiative to get kids in the UK coding. A royalty from the sale of this BBC micro:bit merchandise helps promote digital creativity amongst young people in the UK.
Micro:bit is a pocket-sized, Single Board Computer (SBC) that can be easily be coded, customized, and controlled to bring projects to life. Designed specifically for kids and beginners, the BBC micro:bit is a code-able, non-intimidating introduction to programming, making, and project design.
The compact micro:bit is about half the size of a credit card, measuring only 16.3cm × 12cm. Packed on this tiny board is a 16MHz Nordic nRF51822 microcontroller, with built-in 2.4GHz Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) wireless networking capability, a temperature sensor, a 3-axis accelerometer, and a 3-axis magnetometer. A 5x5 LED array can be used as a light sensor, a tiny screen to draw on or display words, numbers, and other information. Two programmable buttons and a reset button can be used to control games, send a radio message, or activate the display. A micro USB and two-pin JST connector allow for different power options.
- Multiple sensors
- Programmed via software via USB
- Multiple platform support Windows, iOS, tablet, mobile
- Open Source hardware (OSHW)
- 3 Digital/Analogue input/output rings
- Power port ring
- Ground ring
- 25 individually programmable LEDs
- 2 programmable buttons
- 32-bit ARM Cortex M0+ CPU
- Bluetooth Smart Antenna
- Accelerometer and compass
- 20-pin edge connector
- Battery connector
- Detect motion, direction - Shake the BBC micro:bit to play paper, scissors, stone game. Navigate around your local park with the onboard compass.
- Control your own games using the board's 2 buttons
- Use the 25 programmable LEDs to display messages
- Connect the BBC micro:bit to your phone using Bluetooth wireless technology to take selfies without touching your phone
- Add a speaker to one of three connecting rings to play sounds or music.
- SKU: SKU05956
- EAN: 5055652905956
- 1 x Micro:bit
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x Battery Holder
- 1 x Quick Start Guide