The Raspberry Pi A+ is an upgraded version of the Pi A and can help you learn about programming and computing or you can create exciting innovative projects. The A+ does not have an internet connection, however, if you looking for a smaller, lighter, more economical Pi board then the A+ is ideal.
- More GPIO pins. The GPIO header has grown to 40 pins, while retaining the same pinout for the first 26 pins as the Model A and B.
- Micro SD. The old friction-fit SD card socket has been replaced with a much nicer push-push micro SD version.
- Lower power consumption. By replacing linear regulators with switching ones we’ve reduced power consumption by between 0.5W and 1W.
- Better audio. The audio circuit incorporates a dedicated low-noise power supply.
- Smaller neater form factor. USB connector with the board edge, moved composite video onto the 3.5mm jack, and added four squarely-placed mounting holes. Model A+ is approximately 2cm shorter than the Model A.
- Broadcom BCM2835 Processor, 700MHz single-core ARM1176JZF-S CPU
- 512MB SDRAM operates at 400MHz
- 40pin extended GPIO
- 1 x USB 2.0 port
- 4 pole Stereo output and Composite video port
- Full-size HDMI
- CSI port for connecting the Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI port for connecting the Raspberry Pi touchscreen
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- Micro USB power source
- 1 x Raspberry Pi A+