Open3S500E Package B, XILINX Development Board
FPGA Development Board Designed For XILINX Spartan-3E Series, Features The XC3S500E Onboard, And Integrates Various Standard Interfaces, Pretty Easy For Peripheral Expansions. Open3S500E is an FPGA development board that consists of the mother...
FPGA Development Board Designed For XILINX Spartan-3E Series, Features The XC3S500E Onboard, And Integrates Various Standard Interfaces, Pretty Easy For Peripheral Expansions.
Open3S500E is an FPGA development board that consists of the mother board DVK600 and the FPGA core board Core3S500E.
Open3S500E supports further expansion with various optional accessory boards for specific application. The modular and open design makes it the ideal for starting application development with XILINX Spartan-3E series FPGA devices.
- FPGA CPLD core board connector: for easily connecting core boards which integrate an FPGA CPLD chip onboard
- 8I/Os_1 interface, for connecting accessory boards/modules
- 8I/Os_2 interface, for connecting accessory boards/modules
- 16I/Os_1 interface, for connecting accessory boards/modules
- 16I/Os_2 interface, for connecting accessory boards/modules
- 32I/Os_1 interface, for connecting accessory boards/modules
- 32I/Os_2 interface, for connecting accessory boards/modules
- 32I/Os_3 interface, for connecting accessory boards/modules
All the I/O interfaces above:
- capable of being simulated as USART, I2C, SPI, PS/2, etc.
- capable of driving devices such as FRAM, FLASH, USB, Ethernet, etc.
- for connecting SDRAM accessory board
- also works as FPGA CPLD pins expansion connectors
- LCD interface, for connecting LCD22, LCD12864, LCD1602
- ONE-WIRE interface: easily connects to ONE-WIRE devices (TO-92 package), such as temperature sensor (DS18B20), electronic registration number (DS2401), etc.
- 5V DC jack
- Joystick: five positions
- Potentiometer: for LCD22 backlight adjustment, or LCD12864, LCD1602 contrast adjustment
- Power switch
- Buzzer jumper
- ONE-WIRE jumper
- Joystick jumper
For jumpers 17-19:
- short the jumper to connect to I/Os used in example code
- open the jumper to connect to other custom pins via jumper wires
The DVK600 supports a wide range of different core boards, therefore, some of the interfaces may be Not-Connected and useless while connecting to certain core board. For instance, while connecting to Core3S500E/CoreEP2C8, the '⑧ 32I/Os_3' is Not-Connected.
What's on the Core3S500E
1. XC3S500E:the XILINX Spartan-3E FPGA device which features:
- Operating Frequency: 50MHz
- Operating Voltage: 1.15V～3.3V
- Package: QFP208
- I/Os: 116
- LEs: 500K
- RAM: 360kb
- DCMs: 4
- Debugging/Programming: supports JTAG
2. AMS1117-3.3, 3.3V voltage regulator
3. AMS1117-2.5, 2.5V voltage regulator
4. AMS1117-1.2, 1.2V voltage regulator
5. XCF04S, onboard serial FLASH memory, for storing code
6. Power indicator
8. FPGA initialization indicator
9. Reset button
10. nCONFIG button: for re-configuring the FPGA chip, the equivalent of power reseting
11. 50M active crystal oscillator
12. JTAG interface: for debugging/programming
13. FPGA pins expander, VCC, GND and all the I/O ports are accessible on expansion connectors for further expansion
The "Standard Package" and "Accessory Boards Package" below are included.
- Open3S500E development board x 1
- 4-pin wire x 2
- 2-pin wire x 2
- USB power cable x 1
Accessory Boards Package
- VGA PS2 Board x 1
- PL2303 USB UART Board (mini) x 1
- AT45DBXX Data Flash Board x 1
- FM24CLXX FRAM Board x 1
- CY7C68013A USB Board (mini) x 1
- PCF8563 RTC Board x 1
- PCF8591 AD DA Board x 1
- DS18B20 x 1
- LCD12864 (3.3V Blue Backlight) x 1
- LCD1602 (3.3V Blue Backlight) x 1
- 8 SEG LED Board x 1
- 8 Push Buttons x 1
- 4x4 Keypad x 1
- USB type A plug to mini-B plug cable x 1
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.