This product is currently discontinued!! Don't worry we got your back, Get the upgraded version of Witty Pi from here >> Witty Pi 3
Witty Pi 2 is the new generation of Witty Pi, which adds RTC and power management to your Raspberry Pi, and can define complex ON/OFF sequence with a simple script. Witty Pi 2 supports all Raspberry Pi models with 40-pin header, including A+, B+, 2B, Zero, and 3B.
After installing the software on your Raspberry Pi, you can enjoy these amazing new features:
- A single tap on the button to gracefully turn on/off Raspberry Pi.
- After shutdown, the power for Raspberry Pi and all its USB peripherals are fully cut.
- Raspberry Pi knows the correct time, even without accessing the Internet.
- You can schedule the startup/shutdown of your Raspberry Pi.
- You can even write a script to define complex ON/OFF sequence.
Comparing to the old Witty Pi, Witty Pi 2 uses much better RTC chip (DS3231SN), which only has <160 seconds error per year. Also, this RTC chip has a temperature sensor built-in, so you can read the temperature around your Raspberry Pi via the software. The new “dummy load” feature is very useful when you use a power bank as power supply, it will draw peak current with the certain interval, and keep your power bank alive.
- Dimension: 65mm x 56mm x 19mm
- Weight: 24g (net weight without battery)
- LED Indicator: A white LED
- Connector: 40-pin stackable header
- Battery: CR2032 or CR2025 (for timekeeping)
- Power In: DC 5V (via micro USB or XH2.54 connector)
- Output Current: Maximum 3A for Raspberry Pi and its peripherals
- Static Current: ~ 1mA in average with dummy load off (default) and ~15mA in average with the dummy load on
- Operating Temperature: -30℃~80℃ (-22°F~176°F)
- Storage Temperature: -40℃~85℃ (-40°F~185°F)
- Humidity: 0~80%RH, no condensing
- 1 x Witty Pi 2 board
- 1 x CR2032 battery
- 4 x M2.5 * 11mm Copper Standoff
- 8 x M2.5 screws
Follow the link below for the reference document.