The highly anticipated and important COP26 global meet has begun with the intention to make the environment better. Climate catastrophe is on the verge of making things worse for all the human-kind that should be stopped. One of the most hazardous things is the air pollution of which most of the people are not aware.
Sense HAT for Raspberry Pi Pico comes as a bliss for the developers and makers to create amazing projects on Pico that would monitor the air quality precisely. With four sensors, Temperature, Humidity, Air quality and colour, Sense HAT For Raspberry Pi Pico emerged as a monitoring device that gave a way to all the developer community to save the earth.
Now the product is live on Kickstarter and you can back the team so that they can make more devices to save the environment. To understand the details of the product, let’s get started!
Sense HAT for Raspberry Pi Pico is designed for environment monitoring with four sensors to measure Temperature, Air quality, humidity, color. It would make things better for the user to create a safe environment for our future generation. Sense HAT For Raspberry Pi Pico comprises of sensors
- SHT31(Data Sheet) - The SHT31-DIS-B is a Humidity and Temperature Sensor built on a new CMOSens® sensor chip that has increased intelligence, reliability and improved accuracy specifications compared to its predecessor.
- SGP40(Data Sheet) - The SGP40 is a new digital VOC (volatile organic compounds) sensor designed for easy integration into air purifiers or demand-controlled ventilation.
- BME280(Data Sheet) - The BME280 is a humidity sensor especially developed for mobile applications and wearables where size and low power consumption are key design parameters. The unit combines high linearity and high accuracy sensors and is perfectly feasible for low current consumption, long-term stability and high EMC robustness. The humidity sensor offers an extremely fast response time and therefore supports performance requirements for emerging applications such as context awareness, and high accuracy over a wide temperature range.
- TCS34725(Data Sheet) - This device provides a digital return of red, green, blue (RGB), and clear light sensing values. An IR blocking filter, integrated on-chip and localized to the color sensing photodiodes, minimizes the IR spectral component of the incoming light and allows color measurements to be made accurately.
IoT Applications with Sense HAT
Sense HAT For Raspberry Pi Pico is the need of the hour from which one can make people aware more about the environment efficiently. IoT applications of Sense HAT gave a tremendous outlook to the developers to create projects to make the things better for the environment.
A wifi module would be the need of a user to combine it with Pico to develop the air monitoring project based on IoT. The developers of Sense HAT also provided the Pico WiFi HAT as an add-on in their kickstarter campaign to make the things easier for their backers.
One can connect the wifi module along with their reward that is a great package for the people. There are following IoT projects that you can build with the Sense HAT for Raspberry Pi Pico.
- Air quality tracking
- Real-time humidity monitoring
- Indoor Air quality management system
- Weather station
Change the Environment
Sense HAT for Raspberry Pi Pico is the need of the hour as it will provide the real time monitoring of the air quality. It would make things easier for developers to make people aware about climate change. It is the high time of climate change that could make things hard for our future generations. If you have any idea that can make our surrounding better with the integration of Sense HAT for Raspberry Pi Pico then reply in the comments.
Share your ideas in the comments sections to make things better in Sense HAT for Raspberry Pi Pico.