Are you a fan of micro:bit but do not have ideas about the explorations of its utilization? Relay Bit - 4 Channel 3V Relay Board is the answer to the above question that would make a technically advanced project with high appeal. Relay Bit-4 channel is a way to connect up to 4 electrical appliances simultaneously that would based on micro:bit.
Need of Relay Bit
One of the most common questions that might be asked from the readers is what is the need for Relay Bit. If one wants to understand the need for Relay Bit then they need to start from the micro:bit. In the world, there are a lot of tech enthusiasts, hobbyists, students, etc that use micro:bit to gadgets, machines, robots, etc. People want to extend the potential of their projects so that they can make a further step into the world of advanced technology. Relay Bit works as a switch from which a user can control up to 4 appliances. SB Components saw the problem in the market and developed Relay Bit to provide an adequate solution.
Specification of Relay Board for micro:bit
Let’s first understand the specification of Relay Bit so that one can analyse the utilization of Relay Bit in their projects. There are the following specifications of Relay Bit- 4 channel
- Channel - 4
- Voltage - 3V
- AC control voltage - 120V @2A
- DC control voltage - 24 @ 2A
- Dimensions - 7 x 4.3 x 1.2 cm (Approx)
- Weight - 100 gms(Approx)
Applications Of Relay Bit
If you get an understanding of the specifications of the relay bit then one more question might come to your mind about the applications of the Relay Bit. There are the following applications of Relay Bit
- Home Automation system
- Smart appliances
- Gardening mechanisms
- Security Systems
- Industrial Automation system
Guide to using Relay Bit:
Many of you might be interested in using the Relay Bit to develop advanced gadgets. If anyone does not have the idea about the process to run Relay Bit then can read the following steps to use Relay Bit
- Stack BBC micro:bit on edge connector of Relay Bit.
- Make sure jumpers are connected on P12, P13, P14, P15. You can also use any GPIO by removing the jumpers and connecting the relay pins with that pin using jumper cables.
- Now visit the official website of BBC micro:bit (MakeCode) and create a new project.
- Click on advanced >> Pins and use pins block to control relay as shown below.
- Finally download this program block on your BBC micro:bit by clicking on the download button.
- You can use the green Molex connector to connect your devices with corresponding relays. You can control up to 4 devices using these 4 relays.