Raspberry Pi has released an upgrade to its famous Power over Ethernet (PoE) HAT, the Raspberry Pi PoE+ HAT, which is now available on SB Components. Here's all you need to know! This update adds a larger power supply and a cooler running temperature to your Raspberry Pi 3B+ and Raspberry Pi 4.
PoE+ HAT (Power over Ethernet)
Connect the proper taps on the windings of the Ethernet jack to an extra 4-pin header, which is situated immediately underneath the top-right mounting hole. A HAT can detect these signals, request power from the switch, and then reduce the resulting 37-57V DC to 5V to power the Raspberry Pi.
The Raspberry Pi PoE+ HAT has been upgraded and is intended to immediately replace the old PoE HAT with an increase in output power from 5V/2.5A to 5V/4.0A. Fully technically compatible with its predecessor and satisfying all IEEE 802.3af requirements
PoE+ HAT Specs
- Standard: IEEE 802.3at-2003 PoE
- Input voltage: 37-57 V DC, Class 4 device
- Output power: 5 V DC/4 A
- Cooling: 25 mm × 25 mm brushless fan delivering 2.2 CFM for processor cooling
- Features: fully isolated switched-mode power supply; fan control
- Operating temperature: 0 °C to +50 °C