Witty Pi Mini is the new member of Witty Pi family. It has the same functionality of Witty Pi 2, and it has a pHAT shape (same dimension with Raspberry Pi Zero), which is perfect for Raspberry Pi Zero (and other models). Witty Pi Mini adds RTC and power management to your Raspberry Pi, and can define complex ON/OFF sequence with a simple script.
After installing the software on your Raspberry Pi, you can enjoy these amazing new features:
- A single tap on the button to gracefully turn on/off Raspberry Pi.
- After shutdown, the power for Raspberry Pi and all its USB peripherals are fully cut.
- Raspberry Pi knows the correct time, even without accessing the Internet.
- You can schedule the startup/shutdown of your Raspberry Pi.
- You can even write a script to define complex ON/OFF sequence.
Same as Witty Pi 2, Witty Pi Mini uses a very accurate RTC chip (DS3231SN), which only has <160 seconds error per year. Also, this RTC chip has a temperature sensor built-in, so you can read the temperature around your Raspberry Pi via the software.
Witty Pi Mini uses a super capacitor (0.08F, or 80,000uF) for RTC off-power time keeping, and it can remember the time for ~17 hours without any external power supply.
The “dummy load” feature is still available and you can turn it on/off via a small switch on board. It is very useful when you use power bank as power supply, as it will draw peak current with a certain interval, and keep your power bank alive.
Witty Pi Mini supports all Raspberry Pi models with 40-pin header, including A+, B+, 2B, Zero (W), 3, 3B+ and latest 4 Model B.
- Dimension: 65mm x 30mm x 4mm (Aprox.)
- Weight: 9g (net weight)
- Power In: DC 5V (via micro USB or via the unpopulated alternative connector)
- Output Current: Maximum 2A for Raspberry Pi and its peripherals
- Operating Temperature: -30℃~80℃ (-22°F~176°F)
- Storage Temperature: -40℃~85℃ (-40°F~185°F)
- Humidity: 0~80%RH, no condensing
- Static Current:
- 5mA in average with dummy load off (default)
- 7mA in average with dummy load on
- 1 x Witty Pi Mini board
- 4 x M2.5 * 10mm plastic screw
- 4 x 4mm spacer
- 4 x M2.5 plastic nut
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.