Perhaps you've been assembling a new robot friend, adding a computer for a brain and other fun personality touches. Now the time has come to let it leave the nest and fly on its own wings– err, wheels!
These durable (but affordable!) plastic gearbox motors (also known as 'TT' motors) are an easy, low-cost way to get your projects moving. This is a TT DC Gearbox Motor with a gear ratio of 1:48, and it comes with 2 x 200mm wires with breadboard-friendly 0.1" male connectors. Perfect for plugging into a breadboard or terminal blocks.
You can power these motors with 3VDC up to 6VDC, they'll, of course, go a little faster at the higher voltages.
Note that these are very basic motors, and have no built-in encoders, speed control or positional feedback. Voltage goes in, the rotation goes out! There will be variation from the motor to motor, so a separate feedback system is required if you need precision movement.
We grabbed one motor and found these stats when running it from a bench-top supply
- At 3VDC we measured 150mA @ 120 RPM no-load, and 1.1 Amps when stalled
- At 4.5VDC we measured 155mA @ 185 RPM no-load, and 1.2 Amps when stalled
- At 6VDC we measured 160mA @ 250 RPM no-load, and 1.5 Amps when stalled
- Rated Voltage: 3~6V
- Continuous No-Load Current: 150mA +/- 10%
- Min. Operating Speed (3V): 90+/- 10% RPM
- Min. Operating Speed (6V): 200+/- 10% RPM
- Torque: 0.15Nm ~0.60Nm
- Stall Torque (6V): 0.8kg.cm
- Gear Ratio: 1:48
- Body Dimensions: 70 x 22 x 18mm
- Wires Length: 200mm & 28 AWG
- Weight: 30.6g
- 1 x DC Motor
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.