E-Paper is a display technology that simulates the look of ink on paper. Unlike traditional displays, E-Paper reflects light, just like regular paper, and can store text and images indefinitely, even without power.
As a result, E-Paper displays and Raspberry Pi are a perfect match because they use very little power while still providing a display for your project.
The display does not require any power to keep the image and will remain 'ON' for many days without a power connection before gradually fading.
It is, of course, daylight readable and has a high contrast ratio. E-Paper Display (EPD) boasts many edges compared with LCD
The E-Paper displays are available in four sizes- 2.9", 4.2", 5.83", and 7.5".
- Ultra-low power - Battery Drive/Energy Harvest
- Versatile so you can use it in portrait or landscape format
- Long-term Bi-stable Image content preserved without power
- Easy to read in the sunlight
- Easy on the Eyes
- Wide viewing angle >170 degrees - similar to paper
- Thin & Light Weight
- High resolution
- Shows fine details
- Green-Paper Replacement
- Breakage Detection - detect TFT glass breakage prior to updating
- Digital ID Tags
- Digital display Boards, Books, News Papers, and Magazines
- E-paper Display for Digital Bus Stop
- E-paper Display for the menu board in Hotels or Restaurants
- Gas Station price sign display using E-paper
- Transportation Information System display using E-paper
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.