The ESP-12E ESP8266 WiFi Module is a self-contained SOC with an integrated TCP/IP protocol stack that can give any microcontroller access to your WiFi network. The ESP8266 is capable of either hosting an application or offloading all Wi-Fi networking functions from another application processor. This module comes with AT commands firmware which allows you to get functionality like Arduino wifi shield, however, you can load different firmware to make your own application on the modules' memory and processor. It's a very economic module and has huge and growing community support.
This module has an onboard 80Mhz low power 32-bit processor which can be used for custom firmware. This also means that you can host small web pages without any external controller. The ESP8266 supports APSD for VoIP applications and Bluetooth co-existence interfaces, it contains a self-calibrated RF allowing it to work under all operating conditions and requires no external RF parts.
- 802.11 b/g/n
- Integrated low power 32bit MCU
- Integrated 10bit ADC
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- Operating temperature range : -40 ° C ~ 125 ° C
- Frequency range : 2.4GHz - 2.5GHZ
- Operating voltage: 3.0v~3.6v
- Operating current: Average value 80mA
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier, and matching network
- Integrated PLL, regulators, and power management units
- Supports antenna diversity
- WiFi 2.4 GHz, support WPA/WPA2 Security
- Network protocol: IPv4, TCP/UDP/HTTP/FTP
- SDIO 2.0, (H) SPI, UART, I2C, I2S, IRDA, PWM, GPIO
- STBC, 1x1 MIMO, 2x1 MIMO
- A-MPDU & A-MSDU aggregation and 0.4s guard interval
- Deep sleep power <10uA, Power-down leakage current < 5uA
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
- Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)
- +20dBm output power in 802.11b mode
- 1 x ESP12E Wifi Module
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.