MEGA4 is a 4-Port USB 3.1 PPPS (Per-Port Power Switching) hub designed for Raspberry Pi 4B. It adds 4 more USB 3.1 ports to Raspberry Pi 4B, and the power on each port can be turned ON or OFF separately via software.
MEGA4 has the same board size as Raspberry Pi 4B and can be mounted underneath. The U-shaped adapter (included) can make data and power connections between MEGA4 and Raspberry Pi.
MEGA4 is also a powered hub and you can connect a 5V power supply to its USB type C connector and significantly increase its current output ability.
You can turn on/off the power on each USB port via the software or via UUGear Web Interface (UWI) on a PC, Tablet, or Smartphone.
Although MEGA4 is designed for Raspberry Pi 4B, you can use it as a USB 3.1 hub on other computers. You may want to use a USB3.1 extension cable for the connection.
To install MEGA4’s software, please run this command in your home directory:
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ wget https://www.uugear.com/repo/MEGA4/install.sh
If your Raspberry Pi has an internet connection, it will immediately download the script from our website, and you will then see the “install.sh” script in your home directory. Then you just need to this script with sudo:
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo sh install.sh
You will need to use sudo to run this script because it also tries to disable USB autosuspend in /boot/cmdline.txt file.
After installing the software, you need to restart your Raspberry Pi, so the UWI server will be running in the background. With the default configuration, you should be able to access your MEGA4 via UWI at the address http://raspberrypi:8000/mega4/.
- Dimension: 85mmx 56mm x 9mm (USB plug is 7mm protrude)
- Weight: 29g (net weight without any accessory)
- USB Hub Controller: VL817 Q7 (firmware rev 90.23)
- Per-Port Power Switch: AP2511
- Ideal Diode MOSFET: AO4447
- USB 3.1 Gen1 (USB 3.0), 2.0 and 1.1 compatibility
- Multiple Transaction Translator (MTT)
- Per-Port Power Switching (PPPS)
- Per-Port Over Current Protection
- Data Speed:
- USB v3.1 Gen 1: up to 5 Gbps
- USB v2.0: up to 480 Mbps
- USB v1.1: up to 12 Mbps
- USB Ports:
- Upstream: 1 (A-type USB 3.0 plug)
- Downstream: 4 (A-type USB 3.0 female connector)
- Output Current:
- Bus powered only: up to 1.2A in total (limited by Raspberry Pi 4B)
- With supplemental power supply: up to 5A in total, and 2.5A per port (also depends on the power supply)
- Static Current: 64mA
- Operating Temperature: 0℃~70℃
- Humidity: 0~80% RH, no condensing
- 1 x MEGA4 Board
- 1 x U-shaped Adapter
- 4 x M2.5 x 10+6mm Copper Standoff
- 4 x M2.5 Screws
- 4 x M2.5 Nuts
Note: Raspberry Pi & other items are not included!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.