1.4GHz 64-bit quad-core processor, dual-band wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2/BLE in the same mechanical format as the Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ is the latest board for the minimalist Pi fan. Like the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, it boasts a 64-bit quad core processor running at 1.4 GHz, dual-band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless LAN, and Bluetooth 4.3/BLE. This low-cost Pi uses the same processor as the model 3 B+ but does away with the Ethernet jack and three of the USB ports. It's still compatible with all Pi operating systems and software and has the exact same 40 pin GPIO connector and camera/display sockets so any HATs or Pi Plates or other things that plug into the model B+ will work just the same.
It also has the same HDMI, sound/composite connector, and a micro USB connector for power.
Unlike the Raspberry Model B+, there's only one USB port and no Ethernet jack, but it's also significantly smaller at 65mm x 56mm if you don't include overhang from the connectors. The USB port is set in and sticks up quite a bit compared to the very slim Pi Zero if you're using HATs or bonnets with the Pi A+ that sit flat, please use some tape or a GPIO spacer to avoid shorts between the USB port and any pads on the bonnet.
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ extends the Raspberry Pi 3 range into the A+ board format.
- Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.4GHz
- 512MB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2/BLE
- The extended 40-pin GPIO header
- Full-size HDMI
- Single USB 2.0 ports
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi Camera Module
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi Touch Display
- 4-pole stereo output and composite video port
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- 5V/2.5A DC power input
- Dimensions: 65mm x 56mm / 2.5" x 2.25"
- Processor: Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53
- Connectivity: 2.4GHz and 5 GHz IEE 802.11b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2/BLE
- Access: Extended 40-pin GPIO header
- USB: One USB 2.0 Port - Keeping it compact means minifying the footprint as much as possible
- No Ethernet Port
- Video + Sound:
- 1 x full-size HDMI
- MIPI DSI display port
- MIPI CSI display port
- 4 pole stereo output and composite video port
- H.264, MPEG-4 decode (1080p30)
- H.264 encode (1080p30)
- OpenGL ES 1.1, 2.0 graphics
- Memory: 512MB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- SD card support: Micro SD format for loading OS and data storage
- Input power:
- 5V/2.5 A DC via micro USB
- 5V DC via GPIO header
- Operating temperature: 0–50ºC
- 1 x Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ Board
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.