Camera Module 3 delivers the following new advancements over Camera Module 2, which is built on a 12-megapixel Sony IMX708 image sensor module:
It has an HDR mode of up to 3 megapixels and can be used to capture both still images and full HD video. The quick focusing function of Camera Module 3 is completely supported by the libcamera library, which makes it simple to use for novices while providing a wealth of features for experts.
Standard (75°) and wide-angle (120°) lenses, as well as versions that only respond to visible light and those that are infrared-sensitive (NoIR), are offered for the Camera Module 3. (coming soon).
- 12-megapixel Sony IMX708 sensor with an I2C-controlled focus actuator
- 7.4mm diagonally large sensor
- diagonal angle of view: 75° or 120°
- All Raspberry Pi with a CSI port is compatible with this.
From hardware schematics to software configuration, developers and users can find all the information they need about Camera Module 3 in our extensive and detailed documentation.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.