This Raspberry Pi Camera Module is a custom designed add-on for Raspberry Pi. It attaches to Raspberry Pi by way of one of the two small sockets on the board upper surface. This interface uses the dedicated CSI interface, which was designed especially for interfacing to cameras. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it exclusively carries pixel data.
The board itself is tiny, at around 25mm x 24mm x 9mm. It also weighs just over 3g, making it perfect for mobile or other applications where size and weight are important. It connects to Raspberry Pi by way of a short flexible ribbon cable. The camera connects to the BCM2835 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus, a higher bandwidth link which carries pixel data from the camera back to the processor.
- Raspberry Pi Camera, compatible with the original one, supports all revisions of the Pi.
- 5-megapixel OV5647 sensor in a fixed-focus module.
- 2592 × 1944 still picture resolution
- Support 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p60/90 video record
- CCD size: 1/4 inch
- Aperture (F) : 2.8
- Focal Length: 3.37 mm
- Diagonal: 72.4 degree
- Sensor best resolution: 1080p
- Picture resolution: 2592 × 1944
- Support: 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p60/90 video record
- Dimension: 25mm x 24mm x 9mm (Approx.)
- 1 x 5 MP Raspberry Pi Camera
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.