The IoTFI 2G/4G is based on the RP2040, including the RP2040 onboard, loaded with powerful features. It is capable of transmitting and receiving messages to any device.
It comes with an inbuilt GPS technology and Wi-Fi ESP32 for an exceptional wireless experience. The PCB board is well-equipped with a 3.5mm audio jack, a micro-SIM slot for SIM868/7600G, and an SD card slot with a Type C connector.
The well-equipped board has a high-resolution 1.14’’ LCD, an accelerometer, and a Bluetooth 2.0 module, which enhances the board with a user-friendly experience while running the applications.
This device is used for unlimited learning purposes with unique features and ease-to-go performance.
IoTFI can amplify itself with incredible specifications, and the package has one IoTFi board, GSM, and GPS antenna. To explore more, IoTFi can be coded with many programming languages, like Arduino, Python, and C/C++.
It is accompanied by the main technical characteristics, many more to highlight, like the SIM868 module. This comprehensive Quad-Band GSM/GPRS module uses GNSS (GPS/GLONASS/BDS) satellite navigation technology. It features a lot of interfaces, including UART, USB2.0, GPIO, and so on, which also provides a lot of flexibility.
A small quad-band GSM/GPRS+GNSS module includes an LCC+LGA form factor with great interfaces. IoTFi devices work on low-power consumption with embedded TCP/UDP protocols and abundant software functions like DTMF, MMS, and MUX. Multi-constellation GNSS receiver support like GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou.
SIM7600G is one of the series of SIM7600 and a multi-band which is the LTE Cat 1 module that supports wireless communication modes of LTE-TDD/ LTE-FDD/HSPA+/GSM/GPRS/EDGE. SIM7600G supports a maximum of 10Mbps downlink rate up to 5Mbps uplink rate.
The SIM7600G integrates multiple satellites with high accuracy positioning GNSS systems, with multiple built-in network protocols, and support drivers for main operating systems (USB for Windows, Linux, Android, etc.).
LCC1 form factor with abundant interfaces
- Suitable for LTE, UMTS, and GSM networks with global coverage
- Abundant software functions: FOTA, LBS, TLS, VoLTE
- LCC+LGA package.
- The AT commands of SIM7600G are mostly compatible with SIM7500/SIM7600 Series modules.
IoTFi is based on RP2040. The main component is a micro-controller made of 40 nm silicon and 264 KB of static RAM.
- ESP32 is a low-cost, low-power systems-on-a-chip microcontroller with in-built Wi-Fi and dual-mode Bluetooth.
- IoTFi comes with 2 Antennas- GSM and GPS. Known as SMA (Sub-miniature A), these Antennas have a frequency of 1 GHz to 16 GHz.
- 14-inch LCD has a resolution of 135x240 pixels.
- The IPEX/U.FL connector connects an Antenna to a communication device.
- Separate micro-SIM and SD slots for 2G (SIM868) and 4G (SIM7600G) variants. SIM868 is a small-sized band with GSM/GPRS and GNSS modules. Its frequency bands are 800/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Accelerometer identifies the position of the module in 3-D (X, Y, and Z). It allows for the detection of the adjustment of the phone.
- An inbuilt Bluetooth 2.0support EDR (Enhanced Data Rate), a faster PSK modulation scheme capable of transmitting data 2 or 3 times faster than previous versions of Bluetooth.
- 5 mm Audio jacks are the most common audio ports on current electronic devices, due to their compatibility with most wired headphones. Connected devices may be, for instance, a smartphone and a pair of headphones, or even a microphone.
- The inbuilt GPS, by use of satellites, tells precise information about a location.
- An integrated Type-C Connectorallows transmitting both data and power on a single cable.
The benefits of satellite navigation, or GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System), are all around us, and as communication quality improves, people's lives improve as well. It may be used to trace goods, stolen vehicles, and assets. Scientific research in meteorology, troposphere, and geodesy has improved as a result of satellite communication, enhancing the quality of the projects.
For further information, it can be checked out on the IoTFI Kickstarter product page.