- The PiTraffic is a low-cost hardware Shield designed to allow Raspberry Pi users to take their first steps into interfacing with the real world. Designed with the learning in mind, everyone will recognize and identify its familiar elements encouraging their use along-side their own projects.
- The PiTraffic is designed to remove many of the common hurdles people are faced with when getting started using hardware with the Raspberry Pi. Often it is difficult to know what components to use and how to connect them, the PiTraffic makes it simple by plugging directly onto pre-set positions on the Raspberry Shield Hat.
- By plugging the PiTraffic directly on to the Raspberry Pi GPIO header, no extra cables or wires are needed. Unlike many other add-on boards, they do not block GPIO pins Which are available on the shield, keeping them open for other uses. The PiTraffic is fitted with 4 standard Pins, allowing up to four PiTraffic stands to be controlled independently, There is a buzzer which can be used alert on change of light.
- The documentation and guides are openly available for the PiTraffic for educational use. There will be guides, tutorials and workshop material available all of which can be taken as is available or adapted to your own needs.
- The materials will demonstrate the concepts, methods and provide the building blocks to explore ideas and take learning further by with creative projects, activities, and games.
- Everything comes fully-assembled, and there's no soldering required! Just pop PiTraffic on your Pi and start learning to code.
- It'll work with any 40-pin version of the Pi, including Pi Zero and Pi Zero W. If you're using it with a larger Pi like the Pi 4, 3, 2 then use the extra 40-pin header that's included to boost it up to the required height. If you're using a Zero or Zero W then just pop it straight onto the GPIO.
PiTraffic: GPIO Pins Connections
Given below is the list of pins and the connection of the GPIO required for the 4 stands of the PiTraffic Light Shield. Simple connect the given GPIO pins to the designated numbers to see it running.
- 4 stand with three lights.
- Buzzer as roundabout.
- 4 roads marked as East West North South directions.
- Easy Programming.
- 40-pin female header included boosting height for Raspberry Pi 4, 3, 2.
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 4, 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero, and Zero W.
What's on Board
- 1 x PiTraffic
- 4 x Traffic Stand
ResourcesView Sample Codes, Instruction Manual, Schematics.
PiTraffic GitHub repository here: https://github.com/sbcshop/PiTraffic
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.