The Raspberry Pi Build HAT is an add-on board that connects to your Raspberry Pi's 40-pin GPIO header and was created in collaboration with LEGO® Education to make controlling LEGO® Technic ™ motors and sensors with Raspberry Pi computers simple.It includes four connectors for SPIKETM Portfolio LEGO® TechnicTM motors and sensors. A distance sensor, a color sensor, and a versatile force sensor are among the sensors available. The angular motors are available in a variety of sizes and have built-in encoders that may be used to determine their location. The Build HAT is compatible with all Raspberry Pi computers that have a 40-pin GPIO header, including the Raspberry Pi 400 (with the use of a ribbon cable or other extension device).
Connected LEGO® TechnicTM devices, as well as ordinary Raspberry Pi accessories like a camera module, can be simply managed in Python. The Raspberry Pi Build HAT power supply, which is sold separately, is designed to power both the Build HAT and the Raspberry Pi computer, as well as any other LEGO® TechnicTM devices connected to it.
The LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime Set 45678 and SPIKE™ Prime Expansion Set 45681, available separately from LEGO® Education resellers, include a collection of useful elements supported by the Build HAT.
- Supports motors and sensors included in the LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Portfolio, along with those from the LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor kit and most other LEGO devices that use an LPF2 connector
- Fits any Raspberry Pi computer with a 40-pin GPIO header (including, with the addition of a ribbon cable or other extension device, Raspberry Pi 400)
- A specially developed Python library supports students and makers to create and learn
- DC power connector: 2.1mm barrel jack, center positive
- Powers your Raspberry Pi computer (except Raspberry Pi 400) and connected LEGO Technic devices when used with an external 8V ±10% DC power source, such as the Raspberry Pi Build HAT Power Supply or a 7.5V battery pack
- Onboard Raspberry Pi RP2040 microcontroller manages low-level control of LEGO Technic devices
- Controls up to 4 LEGO® Technic™ motors and sensors included in the SPIKE™ Portfolio
- Easy-to-use Python library to control your LEGO® Technic™ devices
- Fits onto any Raspberry Pi computer with a 40-pin GPIO header
- Onboard RP2040 microcontroller manages low-level control of LEGO® Technic™ devices
- External 8V PSU available separately to power both Build HAT and Raspberry Pi
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.