Raspberry Pi Pico has gained a lot of attention from the tech community because of it’s marvelous configuration but still lacks one key feature, WiFi!
On a huge demand of solving this current problem, SB Components came up with an ultimate product to solve the issue, Pico WiFi HAT.
In this project, we will elaborate on the Pico WiFi HAT to enhance the IoT usage in the world with the help of Raspberry Pi Pico.
Pico WiFi HAT Introduction
Raspberry Pi Pico WiFi HAT is a compact and easy-to-use WiFi HAT for the Raspberry Pi Pico that includes an ESP8266 module, IEEE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Standard, 3.3 V Operating Voltage, UART Communication interface, and a 40-pin GPIO extension header that can be controlled via AT Command and supports TCP/UDP communication protocol.
Pico WiFi HAT Comes with 1.14” LCD
Pico WiFi HAT also includes a 1.14-inch display with a resolution of 240 x 135 pixels, 65K RGB colours, and a sharp and vivid exhibiting effect, designed primarily for user engagement via SPI connection by incorporating a GPIO header. The 1.14-inch LCD includes the ST7789 Driver and SPI Interface, decreasing the amount of IO pins required.
Easy Handling of IoT Projects
It's a simple way to enable WiFi on the Raspberry Pi Pico, making it suitable for a variety of IoT communication projects. It is intended for developers of all skill levels, from the most experienced to those who are just getting started with IoT devices. There are people who are beginners in the IoT segment and do not have the knowledge of the connection process so they do not need to worry about anything as we will provide an easy installation guide. They can develop projects on IoT easily without any complications.
Key-Benefits of Pico WiFi HAT
Pico WiFi HAT is designed with the vision of enhancing the quality of the IoT within an economical way possible. Device communication has become the need of the hour. Raspberry Pi Pico with powerful RP2040 will be a perfect hardware for the people who want to develop WiFi networks at their premises.
- ESP8266 is a the key- part of the Pico WiFi HAT that is a self contained SOC with integrated TCP/IP protocol stack and four level process that can give any microcontroller access to your WiFi network.
- Pico WiFi HAT supports the standard Raspberry Pi Pico 40 Pins headers on which Raspberry Pi Pico can easily be stacked. You do not need to do complicated and complex connections to develop a WiFi connection with the Raspberry Pi Pico.
- It supports STA, AP, and STA+AP three WiFi operating modes, embedded LWIP protocol stack and TCP/UDP.
- It comes with two functional buttons for the functions to upload the firmware and reset the device.
- Security System - Develop an integrated and smart security system with the Pico WiFi HAT that would enable you to enhance the safety.
- Vehicle Tracking - Easy and economical solution for vehicle tracking with Pico WiFi HAT with the precise data of the vehicle.
- Home Automation - Control every device of your home with the help of advanced and compact Pico WiFi HAT.
- Inventory Management - Now do not need to worry about the inventory management of your products. It can be easily handled by the Pico WiFi HAT with high efficiency.