The Motorshield is designed to help you get your Raspberry Pi-based Robot. This board can control the DC motor as well as the stepper motor. You can connect your IR and Ultrasonic sensors to tell your robot about its environment. You can easily make your Line Following, Object following, Wall following, and Maze-Solver Robots.
- Motorshield powered by dual H-bridge IC L293D
- Control upto 4 DC motors or 2 Servo Motors
- Input supply 6V-24V
- Output current 600Ma or 1A peak current per channel
- Programmable LED Arrow indicator for motor direction
- 2 IR sensors with 3.3V level output protection
- 1 Ultrasonic sensor with 3.3V output protection
- Male header 7 screw terminal for motor supply
- On-board GPIO stacking header
Note: No Raspberry Pi Included.
- Motorshield GitHub
- Controlling DC Motor Using Raspberry Pi
- Control Your Stepper & DC Motors with Raspberry Pi Motor Shield
- Raspberry Pi HAT's Add-on Boards
- Controlling Stepper Motor Using Raspberry Pi
- Top 4 HATs for Raspberry Pi
- 1 x Motorshield HAT
As said below, motors and LEDs all working well. I hooked up an Ultrasonic sensor (HC-SR04) and that worked straight away, I also tried out a stepper motor and that too was fine, just needed to tweak the values in the software to fine tune the speed etc.
All in all a good value piece of kit.
If I can find an IR sensor to check that out I will add to the review.
I needed to control 4 motors and most hats only control 2, so when I saw this motor shield I had to purchase one. works well out of the box, just need to remember that more motors need more external power. I have only tried out the motor control so far, but that all seems ok, some of the software needs editing but that's half the fun. I will check out the ID sensors and Ultrasonic sensor soon and also try out some stepper motors and add to the review when done.
Good value kit
Your positive feedback brightened our day! We appreciate your kind words :)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.